The emphasis in this collection is placed on the 60s and 70s
Conceptual Art / Land Art / and Performance Art artists, catalogues,
periodicals, ephemera and reference texts (including Eastern
Europe and Latin America). Secondly, attention is given to the
80s artists and catalogues which address more directly the political
and social issues of the times.
Biennial exhibitions, including Documenta, Venice Biennale,
Havana Bienal, Istanbul Biennial, Sonsbeek, and Manifesta are
also represented along with selected contemporary artists included
in these exhibitions, especially video and installation artists.
- This web page provides cross-referenced links between artists,
catalogues, books, periodicals, audio and video works, as well
as listing ephemera, artists books, multiples and posters for
individual artists. There are currently over 450 artists, 280
fully indexed catalogues (plus an additional 180 "cited"
catalogues), and numerous books, periodicals, and other publications
included on this site. Catalogues listed on artist pages without
a link can be located in "Catalogues
- Note - On certain artist pages and catalogue pages there
are "letters" which indicate:
- F - files maintained
- B - extensive biographies
- S - slides (images) of works
- V - video of works in exhibitions
- INSTV - installation views, both still and video
- OP - other publications
- PRPK - press packets from exhibitions
This site is updated weekly, please refresh after opening.